About Me

My photo
I AM: wife to 1, mother to 3, sister to 2 and 5 steps, aunt to 27, not-so-much-a-chocoholic-anymore, coffee loving, cloth diapering wanna be (my youngest potty trained herself recently), friend to many.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Keeping the vampires away


I woke up in the night feeling like my tongue was not helping me swallow right. I went back to sleep. After my alarm so delicately woke me up this morning (note the sarcasm), I found my handy dandy flashlight and bathroom mirror, and looked at my tonsils. Holy smokes. They are swollen so big they are almost touching. So I found the garlic bulb on the window ledge, took off a clove, did the Rachel Ray smash it with the blade of a knife move, sliced it into about 8 pieces, and one by one swallowed about 5 of them with gulps of water. Then I proceeded to gargle with some potent salt water. I think in my pre-coffee stupor I was expecting instant renewal of health. Instead I got instant garlic burps. I know the garlic will help, but in the meantime I know I will be warding off the vampires. and the kids. and the prince charming. Hmm. Maybe I will get some quiet time today after all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers