About Me

My photo
I AM: wife to 1, mother to 3, sister to 2 and 5 steps, aunt to 27, not-so-much-a-chocoholic-anymore, coffee loving, cloth diapering wanna be (my youngest potty trained herself recently), friend to many.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Gingerbread Man


A few nights before Christmas after my oldest two kiddos had gone to bed, little Curly Top was still wide awake. Prince Charming was home and we were all three at the dining room table. Coco Bean had made a (graham cracker) gingerbread house in kindergarten before Christmas break, and it was on display on the table. I was holding Curly Top while talking to Prince Charming. After our conversation was finished I asked Miss Curly if she could sing the ABC song for her daddy. She started singing but about 3/4 of the way through she stopped and demanded, "Who's in that house?" She was looking fiercely at the gingerbread house. I laughed and said, "No one." and tried to get her to finish the song. She sang about 2 more letters and once again abruptly stopped and said, "But WHO is in THAT house?" And I giggled as I said, "No one." And she bluntly stated, "Yes it is. It's the Gingerbread Man!" I had to pick up the house and show her there were no inhabitants. I LOVE her little mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers