About Me

My photo
I AM: wife to 1, mother to 3, sister to 2 and 5 steps, aunt to 27, not-so-much-a-chocoholic-anymore, coffee loving, cloth diapering wanna be (my youngest potty trained herself recently), friend to many.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have Bloomers!

Ahem. May I have a drum roll please?? I said I didn't think there would be bloomers to go with tomorrow's ensemble. I also said I wasn't a quitter. Well, after the Hamburger Helper gave me a boost of carbola-energy, I went back to the sewing room and whipped out the bloomers. I skipped the 3 tucks that are supposed to be at the ankles, and instead cut off about 8 inches of length, put in a 1 1/2 inch hem, and sewed lace at the fold line. I also added a little blue bow to the seam at the hem line. Just for kicks. And I saw them in another person's blog and wanted to duplicate, even though hers were pink. I had blue thread in the machine, so I went with blue. But looking at the bloomers, I think I need to add at least one or two tucks, otherwise I think AJ will look like she's wearing white pants under her dress. The pattern does show the bloomers at pants length, so, I will think about it for just a bit and see what I end up with.
Phew. What a day. Now I'm off to the shower. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers