About Me

My photo
I AM: wife to 1, mother to 3, sister to 2 and 5 steps, aunt to 27, not-so-much-a-chocoholic-anymore, coffee loving, cloth diapering wanna be (my youngest potty trained herself recently), friend to many.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wanna know what irks me a HUGE amount???




This really gets my blood a boilin'. Meat is not cheap these days. One pays by the cut or the pound, correct? I have stopped buying my meat at Wally World because its just not as good a quality as the local grocery stores. And I am trying to support the local stores more than "the wal-marts". So a couple weeks ago I bought a roast. Can there be any better meal on a Sunday afternoon that pot roast??? And I'm not talkin' bout from the crock pot. (Though those are scrumptious too) But slave over the stove, sear the meat, add your seasonings and veggies and cook in the oven pot roast. I took this wonderful looking roast out of my fridge, peeled back the plastic wrap and was about to douse it in flour, salt and pepper, when I looked at the bottom of the roast and just about lost my appetite. Now, I know good and well that meat cuts contain fat. Usually small portions of fat. Adds to the flavor, right? Well, what would YOU do if the entire underside of YOUR roast was a quarter of an inch LAYER of fat??? I cut it off and took pictures, because I knew I had to have proof. (and because I wanted to blog about it) And then I called the store I purchased said meat from. Being a Sunday afternoon, there was not a lot they could do about it. So said the manager. She told me she was the "lowest" manager, and she didn't know what she could do about it, so could I please call back "tomorrow". What ever happened to, "Let me take your name and number and I will have someone who CAN help you call." and the "I'm sorry" that used to come with mistakes or disappointments? Eye yi yi. All that being said, the roast was still a delight to the taste buds. What do you think about this???

2 comments:

  1. Did you make your kids eat the fat on the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I cut it up and deep fried it and then served it to them on the coffee table, this time...
    NO!!!!!!!!!!! A million times over, I would NEVER do that! lol The fat went to straight to the trash can. No fat back for us, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers